As what i've said from my last post, i'll post about baking on my next post. And here it is, I baked Chocolate macaroon tart yesterday. I suddenly have the urge to bake yesterday, so I opened my Donna Hay's chocolate essentials book & end up decided to bake this macaroon tart.
Actually the original recipe is Raspberry macaroon tart, but I don't put the raspberry.
Anyway, I'll share you the recipe which adopted from Donna Hay :)
3 egg white
165ml sugar (I used white sugar)
3 cups (225g) desiccated coconut
125g dark chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons caster sugar
2 tablespoons self-raising flour, sifted
I actually make two recipe of the chocolate filling and end up with a lot of them left, so I just pour them into the mini cupcakes tin & bake them.
- Preheat the oven to 140C (280F)
- Combine egg whites, sugar and coconut in a mixing bowl to make the macaroon tarts
- Grease 2 x 5 cm tart tins and with removable bases
- Press over firmly over the base and the sides
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the macaroon shells are firm
- To make the filling, place cream and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth, put aside
- Place eggs and sugar in a bowl with electric mixer and beat with high speed until light and creamy
- Fold in flour
- Fold in the chocolate mixture
- Spoon the mixture into macaroon shells, bake for 20-25 minutes or until the filling is just firm
- Cool in the tins
- Serve 15
They turn out like mini sponge cake :)