Friday, August 5, 2011

Chocolate macaroon tart


As what i've said from my last post, i'll post about baking on my next post. And here it is, I baked Chocolate macaroon tart yesterday. I suddenly have the urge to bake yesterday, so I opened my Donna Hay's chocolate essentials book & end up decided to bake this macaroon tart.

Actually the original recipe is Raspberry macaroon tart, but I don't put the raspberry.
Anyway, I'll share you the recipe which adopted from Donna Hay :)


Raspberry macaroon tarts


Tart:
3 egg white
165ml sugar (I used white sugar)
3 cups (225g) desiccated coconut


Chocolate filling:
2 eggs
125ml cream
125g dark chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons caster sugar
2 tablespoons self-raising flour, sifted

Method :

  • Preheat the oven to 140C (280F)
  • Combine egg whites, sugar and coconut in a mixing bowl to make the macaroon tarts
  • Grease 2 x 5 cm tart tins and with removable bases
  • Press over firmly over the base and the sides
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the macaroon shells are firm 
  • To make the filling, place cream and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth, put aside
  • Place eggs and sugar in a bowl with electric mixer and beat with high speed until light and creamy
  • Fold in flour
  • Fold in the chocolate mixture
  • Spoon the mixture into macaroon shells, bake for 20-25 minutes or until the filling is just firm
  • Cool in the tins
  • Serve 15 
I actually make two recipe of the chocolate filling and end up with a lot of them left, so I just pour them into the mini cupcakes tin & bake them.
They turn out like mini sponge cake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment