Last few days i suddenly missed a cake which called Bolu but Chiffon in English.
Yes, i missed Chiffon, it's taste, the spongy feeling when you bite it, everything!! well,remembering this cake make me remember of my home.
Just don't realized that it's almost one year i was apart from my parents & my family.
EEEits, enough of the emo things. this post is about Chiffon, not the missing things.. hehe
Well, because i feel like eating chiffon cake, so i just search for it's recipe & try it in our kitchen this morning.
It's quite easy to make, so..
Preparation time : <30 minutes
Baking time : <30 minutes
1 1/2 tbsp Milo powder
20ml hot water
2 egg yolks
20gr caster sugar
20ml olive oil
40gr self-raising flour
2 egg whites
1/4 tbsp cream of tart
50gr caster sugar
you also need a 16cm Chiffon pan
1. Pre-heat oven at 170C
2. Stir Milo powder with hot water until dissolved, set aside.
3. Sieve flour & set aside.
4. Separate egg yolks & egg white, set aside & bring to room temperature
5. Whisk egg yolks & sugar until sugar dissolved & well combined.
6. Add in Milo mixture & oil.
7. Whisk until combined. sieve the flour in & gently fold the flour with spatula until well combined.
8. Whisk egg whites & cream of tartar in a mixing bowl with an electrical mixer in medium speed, mix until frothy & foamy.
9. Then add in sugar in 3 separate addition while beating with high speed. beat until stiff peak form.
10. Add in egg white foam into the egg yolks mixture in 3 separate additions, each time gently fold with spatula until blended.
11. Polish Chiffon pan with butter to prevent cake from sticking on the pan.
12. Pour the mixture into a 16cm ( 6 inch ) Chiffon pan.
( actually my pan is too big, hehe )13. Bake for 25-30minutes or until the cake surface is golden brown & skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
14. Remove from oven, immediately put the pan upside down.
15. Let cool completely then carefully remove the cake from the pan.
The shape of my cake is not really nice because i didn't polish any butter on the plan, so don't forget or you cake will end up like mine. haha
My recipe is quite different from the original recipe because i think i need more Milo taste on the cake & i think the cake needs more eggs.
I remembered that someone had ever told me that the good Chiffon cake needs a lot of eggs.
So for the conclusion, i think that i'll search another recipe & try again next time. But this cake taste good as well. Enjoy :)